(Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant)
AWESOME opportunity to practice at a top-tier Occupational Healthcare facility.
Diagnose and treat acute, episodic, or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team. May focus on health promotion and disease prevention. Provider also will perform DOT / non-DOT physicals, Audiograms, as well as care for lacerations, eye injuries, sprains/strains and make referrals to specialists. Provider will write work restrictions for injured workers. order, perform, or interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x rays. May prescribe medication. This facility is a busy injury care facility serving injured workers and accident victims.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Prescribe medication dosages, routes, and frequencies based on patients’ characteristics such as age and gender.
– Bill correctly and completely.
– Order, perform, or interpret the results of diagnostic tests such as complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs), and radiographs (x-rays).
– Analyze and interpret patients’ histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
– Develop treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
– Excellent communication and patient relationship skills.
– Diagnose or treat acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections, and injuries.
– Prescribe medications based on efficacy, safety, and cost as legally authorized.
– Counsel patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over-the-counter (OTC) medications, and herbal remedies.
– Recommend interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
– Detect and respond to adverse drug reactions, with special attention to vulnerable populations such as infants, children, pregnant and lactating women, and older adults.
– Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients’ individual circumstances.
-Diagnose or treat chronic health care problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
– Maintain complete and detailed records of patients’ health care plans and prognoses.
– Provide patients with information needed to promote health, reduce risk factors, or prevent disease or disability.
– Perform routine or annual physical examinations
– Treat or refer patients for primary care conditions such as headaches, hypertension, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, and dermatological conditions
– Diagnose or treat complex, unstable, comorbid, episodic, or emergency conditions in collaboration with other health care providers as necessary.
– Consult with supervising physician or refer patients to appropriate specialists when conditions exceed the scope of practice or expertise.
– Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in nursing.
– Recommend diagnostic or therapeutic interventions with attention to safety, cost, invasiveness, simplicity, acceptability, adherence, and efficacy.
– Schedule follow-up visits to monitor patients or evaluate health or illness care.
– Supervise or coordinate patient care or support staff activities.
– Maintain current knowledge of state legal regulations for nurse practitioner practice including reimbursement of services.
– Perform primary care procedures such as suturing, splinting, administering immunizations, taking cultures, and debriding wounds.
– Provide patients or caregivers with assistance in locating health care resources.
– Advocate for accessible health care that minimizes environmental health risks.
– Keep abreast of regulatory processes and payer systems such as Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and private sources.
– Meet with supervising physician, face-to-face and review a minimum of 10 patient charts for the first 3 years of supervision. The face to face meetings should be at least quarterly after initial 3 years, but must still continue monthly meetings.
– Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
– Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
– Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
– Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
– Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
– Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
– Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
– Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
– Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
– Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
– Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
– Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
– Patience – Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
– Delegating Responsibility – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
– Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Skills & Abilities
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License (Required)
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) (Required)
1 plus year experience or will consider recently licensed graduates, who are highly motivated are encouraged to apply.
Previous experience in working with Workers Compensation, DOT, and OSHA Regulated Exams desirable.
Active DEA, DPS and BLS Licenses/Certifications, FMCSA certificate, NATIONAL REGISTRY (Required) Current National Board Certification *
DOT Certification mandatory
Minimum of 1 or more years of DOT exams
Minimum 1 years in Health Occupation
Valid motor vehicle license and clear driving record.
TB test (annually), Hep B vaccine, HIPPA training
Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
Job Types: Full-time
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or contact Rolando R. Rios at (888)833-2001
About R3 Integrated Staffing Solutions
We at R3 Integrated Staffing Solutions believe in providing our clients with the highest level of service defined as a large company’s approach from a small company’s perspective. We believe performance matters and as the industry’s premier workforce advisor, we are committed to providing convenience along with the highest level of integrity to our valued clients. We are devoted to each and every client’s needs no matter how big or small.
|Recruiter:||R3 Integrated Staffing Solutions|
|Salary:||$85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year|
|Functional Area:||Not Mentioned|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|